We're pleased to announce the release of scx 0.2 and the release of
Scx is an interface to Xlib for the Scheme implementation scsh.
Orion is a window manager for the X11 windowing system. Orion is
written in Scheme and accesses Xlib via the scx library for scsh.
Starting with this release, scx gets installed as a library using the
scsh packaging proposal. This greatly simplifies the installation
process. Orion 0.2 comes with some more advanced features such as
support for full-screen windows and partial support for motif
hints. In addition, several bugs have been fixed.
Orion 0.2 is available from
Scx 0.2 is available from
Changes in Orion 0.2:
* Killing a window is more reliable
* Improved focus handling
* New command APPLY in the user bindings allows calling a Scheme function
* added a possibility to change the client ordering with the keyboard:
- "M-k t" moves a client to right (swaps with the next client)
- "M-k r" moves to the left
* Better command completion
* Load scx and Sunterlib using -lel
* (partial) support for motif hints (_MOTIF_WM_HINTS)
* Support for full-screen windows
* added possibility to select the manager that contains the current one;
default key is 'M-Home'
* Installation procedure uses scsh-install-lib
Changes in scx 0.2:
* Support Xft > 1
* Build shared objects instead of an executable
* Conform to the packaging proposal for scsh by Michel Schinz
* Fixed create-window in it's extraction of the window-class argument
* Added screen-number-of-screen function
* Use Sunterlib 0.6
* Xft doesn't export fontsets but simply a list of patterns
* GC fixes for the Xft code
Please send questions, comments, and bug reports to
Orion and scx are brought to you by David Frese, Norbert Freudemann,
Martin Gasbichler, and Eric Knauel from the Scheme Untergrund.